Tuesday 26 July 2011

And One for Potatoes

And One for Potatoes
           
            Today, we bro-ed out.  Again.  I told you, it was our plan for Amsterdam.  The rain continued for a third day.  In fact, it had been raining so much that our tent was starting to leak.  We decided to leave the camp site a day early. 

            We went into town, booked a hostel using a coffeeshop’s internet, and had breakfast at Wok to Walk.  Awww yeah (it’s so FUCKING good).  Like, we were such eager beavers for Wok to Walk that we were outside their door when they opened.  We were the first customers of the day.  That’s how delicious it is.  It’s also not pizza.

            After super tasty Wok to Walk, we moved into The Flying Pig.  When I reserved the hostel, I saw that my only choices were “0 people” or “2 people.”  I thought this was weird, since you can normally choose something in between those two numbers (like, say “1 person”).   However, I paid this no mind.  When we arrived at the Flying Pig, my confusion was cleared.  Will and I were sharing a double bed.   It came with two separate blankets, two separate pillows, and one (fairly large) mattress. 

            The Flying Pig had a kitchen, so we cooked a meal.  This was probably a good thing, since we’ve been spending all of our money on beer and Wok to Walk (it’s SO GOOD).  Hell, I don’t even call it “stir fry.”  It has its own name; it is its own food.  Hell, I’d eat it right now. 

            Will and I finished watching The Rite.  It was pretty good.  We continued to bro out.  One thing we did while broing out was identifying the spirit animals of all of our roommates from Junior and Senior year.  Guess who likes tables!

Table 1: Roommates and spirit animals.
Person
Animal
Reason
Picture
Will
Badger
Likes to burrow, wander, will sometimes pick dumb fights.  Somewhat anti-social.  Territorial.

Andy
Turtle
Will says it’s self-evident.


Chris
Black Bear
It’s Chris.

Cabbie
Bird of Paradise
Lots of colors, complex mating dances, kinda sketchy bird, would probably drink warm Natti.

Joe
Wombat
Who wouldn’t want to rage with a wombat?  You wanna hang out with a wombat?  HOW DO YOU SAY NO TO THAT?

            After broing out, I wandered through Amsterdam.  I picked a direction that we had never been in before (East) and just walked.  Forever.  At one point, I saw lots of red lights and all-but-naked women standing in windows winking at me.  I was confused for probably a full ten seconds before going, “OHHHHH.  Amsterdam.  Right.”

            I ended up at Wok to Walk at like 02:15.  Go figure.

Will’s Corner
            He is such a turtle.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,
            Broseidon, Lord of the Brocean, where are you?  We need you now more than ever.
Love,
Will and Andy

1 comment:

  1. FLYING PIG!!! <3 that place. Best hostel I stayed at during my Eurotrip.

    ReplyDelete