Sunday 31 July 2011

And One for Jaan

And One for Jaan

            Today, we woke up at 04:00.  We had little more than a nap, and I did not sleep soundly.  I had crazy nightmares, some of which were about being a wise, old man.  Weird.

            After groggily showering, I started stumbling down the stairs.  As I was coming down, I could have sworn I heard Will chatting up a British-Indian girl.  Now, I knew this couldn’t be true – Will doesn’t talk to people he knows, much less random girls in a hostel.  I reached the bottom of the stairs, and my jaw dropped.  HE WAS!  Spooky.

Once I had wrapped my head around the situation, we went to the lobby and checked out.  The Tube wasn’t running yet, so we had the hostel call a cab for us.  We got the bus station with some time left before check-in.  Check in started pretty late, so Will and I sat there.  We were at those bus station benches with two sides.  One seat down and behind me was this really fat dude with the worst snoring problem ever.  His head was hanging backwards and to the side at an odd angle.  He would start curling up as he struggled to inhale, almost like a hedgehog.  Then, on exhalation, he would unravel very suddenly.  It was driving me crazy.

Eventually, check-in started.  Since I was determined not to be stuck next to Blue again, I made sure Will and I were at the front of the line and could get our own seats.  Like the bottle of wine!  Sure enough, we got on the bus first and had two seats to ourselves.  It was going to be a long bus ride.  It left at 06:30 and got in at 18:30.  Fucking 12 hours on the bus.

Will and I killed a little time by watching Starship Troopers 2.  We eventually stopped for food.  When we got to Wales, we had to get off at the same passport control office as when we came over from Dublin.  However, instead of checking our passport, they made us walk through the facility.  That’s it.  Just a circular walk through the facility.  Super secure, Wales.  Good job.

From Wales, we got on the hotel boat again.  We sat down for the several-hour boat ride.  Will and I spent most of the boat ride updating the stats and adding new stats.  Yes, I know the “4th quarter” is over, but you’re just getting final statistics tomorrow.  Suck it up.  I promise they’ll be worth the wait and amusing.  While sitting on the boat, an English couple sat next to us.  They looked to be about 16.  The girl might have been 15.  It turns out the dude was 17 and the girl was 20.  I called her a cradle-robber.  Anyways, they were nice.  We chatted with them about tons of stuff, but definitely a lot about national stereotypes.  I told them we need feed bags with blended McDonalds inside.

Finally, we got to Dublin.  We went to our hostel and checked in.  Then, we grabbed some vegetables and tried to cook dinner.  I was responsible for the pasta, and Will was responsible for the vegetables.  Will failed epically and burned the shit out of the vegetables.  He blamed the light source.  I blamed leaving them in the pan too long.  We got more vegetables, and then he succeeded with flying colors (he attributes this to more light, I attribute it to cooking it for less time).  They were delicious.  We watched Season of the Witch, which was one of Nicholas Cage’s better movies.  There was a demon and fire.  We approved.


While we were cleaning up, Will apparently had some conversation with some girls from Colorado about fire.  They exchanged fire stories.  One girl lit a pool on fire.  Will says she may be his hero.  I don't know what's gotten into Will.  I think he may have contracted a social life.  Antibiotics to follow.

Bed occurred at some point..

Will’s Corner
            Sometimes it helps to be able to see what you’re doing.  Flashlights can be helpful in this respect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,
            You need no holy book to vanquish witches and demons.  You can just party them into the ground.  You are truly a party crusader.
Love,
Will and Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment