Tuesday 26 July 2011

And One for Harvesting Thyme

And One for Harvesting Thyme

            This morning, my alarm started going off.  Paul kept screaming that “ZE TIME IS NEIN” and I could not find my phone.  I thought it was in my backpack, but my head hurt so much, and my eyes were so bleary, and I just couldn’t figure out the lock.  Once I finally got it open (mind you, Paul is screaming at us this whole time, and I’m apologizing to the room constantly), I realize it’s not in the backpack.  It’s somewhere else.  After significant flailing, I discovered my pants crumpled up under the bed.  I turned off the alarm, switched it to not-Paul, and set it an hour forward.

            Will and I finally dragged ourselves out of bed at 10:00.  In the hostel lobby, we tried to find a hostel in Ghent.  There were no (affordable) hostels to be found.  We reserved a hostel in Bruges instead.  We then put our bags in a locker at the train station.

            For breakfast, we had something that isn’t Wok to Walk Wok to Walk again.  After I post this entry, I’m going to look for locations outside of the Netherlands.  At Wok to Walk, someone said “Hey!” to me.  I was confused at first, but then I realized it was the Israeli dude from the previous night!  Hooray! 

            After breakfast, Will and I grabbed the next train in the direction of Brussels.  We got off in Antwerp and transferred to another train.  I helped out a confused American family.  Eventually, we got to Bruges and checked into our hostel.  It’s pretty nice.  We had dinner at some little café thing.  I had a cheese omelette, a Dutch pancake with hot, melted Belgian chocolate, and a Belgian waffle (also with hot, melted Belgian chocolate).  Will had lasagna bolognese and a butter / sugar Dutch pancake for dessert.  

            After dinner, Will and I went to the hostel.  I worked on the blog.  While I was working, these two chicks come in the room.  One was an Aussie and the other was a Kiwi.  They were pretty drunk.  Their names were Lauren and Hannah.  They insisted I put them in the blog.  Apparently, when they checked in, some dudes were sleeping in their beds and it was some huge fiasco.  They contributed that “[they’re] having the time of [their] lives.”  They then burst into song.  Lauren and Hannah were irate that Will and I didn’t feel like drinking with them.  We were just in Amsterdam for four days!  I need a night off.  Finally, they said something about a bathroom party tomorrow morning.  No idea what the hell that’s about, but how can you possibly go wrong with a bathroom party?

Will’s Corner
            Do you Walk the Wok?
------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,
            You Walk the Wok.
Love,
Will and Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment