Wednesday 20 July 2011

And One for Pie

And One for Pie

            Today, our glorious hotel time was over, so we moved into a hostel.  Will’s party time was still in effect (you might say it was hanging over him HOHOHOHO), so he wanted a nap.  I wanted to see stuff in Prague, so I did.

            I first went to the Charles Bridge.  It’s pretty cool.  There are two legends about the Charles Bridge.  First, you’re supposed to meet the love of your life there (didn’t).  Second, there’s a carving of some saint with a dog that gives good luck when you rub the dog.  The carving is all oxidized and brown, except for the dog.  The dog is bright-ass gold from everyone rubbing it.  Less legendary, but more realistic, are the “guaranteed pickpockets” who stalk the Charles Bridge (I emerged unscathed).  There’s also a tower you can climb with a nice view in it.  Check it out.

            After the Charles Bridge, I went to Prague Castle.  A ticket at Prague Castle buys you entry to several things.  First, I went to St. Vitus’ Cathedral.  I’m not big on churches, but it was pretty crazy.  It was huge and gorgeous.  The only better one I’ve seen is the Vatican.  I also went into the Old Prague Castle, which is empty and boring by comparison.
St. Vitus.  It's the big thing. 

After Old Prague Castle came St. George’s Basilica.  It was cool, old, had a dragon, and a weird creepy thing in a crypt downstairs.


Finally, I went to Golden Lane.  It had a fucking incredible armory.  It had a lot of cool swords and a GUN-BATTLEAXE and a GUN-SHIELD.
Because it's necessary. 

Will awoke from his nap at the appointed time and met me at the foot of the Charles Bridge.  From there, we went to the firing range.  As promised, no stats!  We had a good time.  You get a lot of bullets at this place.  They just give you boxes of ammo.  It was great.  Will and I bought food from Albert, a local supermarket.  It was cheap as hell.

After cooking, we ate our food while watching Blade with an old guy named Sherman.  Will went to sleep early, but I finished up Blade.  Throughout the movie, Sherman was slaughtering mosquitoes like it was his job.  He was also making constant mosquito-vampire puns because of Blade.  Good times.

P.S. I saw Birdman’s armor.  This proved that man evolved from birds, not apes.  Trust me, I’m a scientist.

Will’s Corner
            I like naps.
-----------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,
            You didn’t need the Charles Bridge to meet your true love.  She was at the bottom of a keg, and the top of the next one.
Love,
Will and Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment