Wednesday 20 July 2011

And One for the 1+

And One for the 1+

            I finally opened the picture folder on my phone.  There, I found a lot of shit that I forgot to mention.  At the end of this entry, you will find a parade of shit that I forgot.  It goes all the way back to Dublin.  Yeah!

            Today, we went to the train station, put our bags in a locker, and headed off to Dachau.  Dachau was a concentration camp, not a death camp.  It was more memorial and education-oriented than Auschwitz-Birkenau, which was more of a “This is what it was like,” sort of deal.  You already know my opinions about pictures, so we’ll just move on to the next thing here.

            After Dachau, Will and I went to the Deutches Museum, a museum about human science and engineering.  There were lots of planes, boats, engines, tools, and so forth, from flint tools to particle accelerators. 

            At one point, we found ourselves in a magical wonderland.  It was all colorful and crazy. 

            The focus of the area was pharmaceuticals and the human body.  There was a giant pill.  Will insisted I try to take it.  I learned that I am not a snake. 
Not gonna happen. 

            We then went inside a giant model of a cell.  Will got scared by all the science.  He was confused. 

            In the optics area, there was a bunch of neat stuff.  I went inside a funhouse mirror.  If you look closely, you can see Will attacking me from behind.  It’s near the middle of the picture.
He came...from...BEHIND! 

            We also learned how Stormtrooper lasers work.  This explains why they can’t hit shit. 

            After the Deutches Museum, Will and I hopped on the train to Berlin.  On the train, we watched Munich, a film about the Mossad hunting down the dudes who planned / perpetrated the 1972 massacre of Israeli athletes at the Olympic games in Munich.  The movie is fairly critical of Mossad, but it also shows the reasoning behind why Golda Meir approved the mission.  It’s a pretty good flick; it was my third time watching it. 

            Eventually, we got to Berlin, checked into our hostel, grabbed some quick food, and passed the fuck out. 

            Lo, the picture parade of shit I forgot to mention and / or show pictures of!
Irish graffiti.  It was silly.  It has to be this big or you can't see the funny part.

Kitty lasers in the Kingfisher restaurant in St. Marcan 

Will DANCED on his birthday.  I forgot to mention this!

 Super-chic McDonalds for birthday cheeseburger.  
All European McDonalds are at LEAST this fancy.

Kitsch in Krakow started playing Swan Lake at one point. 

Yet it was still a rager.  This was just one room. 

Getting back from Kitsch kinda late at night.

European ads are hilarious. 

REALLY hilarious.

Will’s Corner
            I can haz cheezburger?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Joe,
            The only thing you have to fear is…nothing at all.
Love,
Will and Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment